Tuesday 31 May 2011

Collective Haul!

Woo my first haul post!  These is just some items ive purchased over the last month or so and i will do a mini review on each item :)

First up is elf (or eyes lips face).  They were had 20% off voucher code on their facebook page so i caved and bought some stuff.


 L-R - Single eyeshadow in Amethyst, Cream eyeliner in Purple, Blush in Candid Coral

Swatches

Also I got some brushes from the normal and studio line from elf.


 L-R - Blending Brush, Foundation Brush, Studio Stippling Brish and Studio Angled eyeliner Brush

What can i say, im in LOVE with my elf order.  What impressed me most is that the eyeliner and eyeshadow are so pigmented and they are only £3.50 each.  However the blush is quite sheer so you might need to go slightly heavy handed with it.  I actually think the blush is a slight dupe for Orgasm blush by Nars.

The brushes are fantastic! The foundation and blending brush are only £1.50 each and the stippling brush and eyeliner brush are £3.50 each and are from the studio range at elf.  The blending brush is perfect for people with wider eyes as it allows you to blend and add colour to the crease with ease and perfection.  The stippling brush has many uses; blush, highlight, bronzer, foundation and powder. It helps you blend like a dream!  The angled eyeliner brush, omg! I have a mac and Illamasqua eyeliner brush and this one i better than both put together. It helps you get close to the lashline without product getting everywhere and the bristles haven't strayed so far!

Check out elf at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk (they currently have a 20% off voucher code)

Next on the agenda is a website called Cosmetic Fairy. I came across this whilst looking for some American makeup and i was lost for words. They sell discounted high end and low end products. I purchased some mac, Maybelline and Revlon products.


Top - Twinks
Bottom - Post Haste



Revlon Creme Eyeshadow quad in 705 Twilight

 Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara in Diamonds

Unfortunatly Post Haste has been discontinued on the Mac website but i only found this out after I got the shadow. Its matte (woo!) and exremely bright and a gorgeous colour.  Twinks is a beautful satin eyeshadow and is a deep browny bronzey colour. Love it! I also got Nymphette lipglass by Mac but it will be in the pic of lip products.

The Revlon quad was disappointing! It doesn't stay on the lid and creases like mad. That is all i have to say.

The Maybelline Colossal Volume mascara is brilliant, really dont know why i didnt get it when it came out.  I got the limited edition one in Diamonds.

Check them out at www.cosmeticfairy.co.uk

Finally we have some products from M&S and Superdrug.  Firstly i was recommended to try M&S make up.  I had seen the stand in M&S but never got a chance to look at it properly. Now im glad that I did.  The prices are brilliant and the quality of the products are great. i also went to Superdrug to but some makeup recommended by Gossmakeupartist. I got a lipgloss by Sleek called Purity and some eyeshadows by MUA.


Left to Right
M&S Cheek and lip tint in Coral
Mac Nymphette lipglass
M&S lipstick in Red
Sleep lipgloss in Purity 


MUA Eyeshadows in Shade 10,12 and 14

Swatches

OMG I cannot believe the MUA eyshadows are only £1 each.  The quality of the shadows are amazing and they are so pigmented.  If I had enough money on me I would have bought every shadow there. Shade 12 is my fave. It looks kinda greyish in the compact but it comes out a different colour! The Sleek lipgloss is interesting. It is double ended so one end has the coloured lipgloss and the other side has a clear lipgloss.  The coloured one dries quite matte but when you put the clear gloss on we're all good. Im sure my lips looked bigger when i put it on too.

So thats the end of my collective haul! Let me know if you have any requests or want me to do more of these kinds of posts. Also if your on facbook like my page Kad Beauty

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment